Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Jennavier Recommends: Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson



Have you ever picked up a book and you just wanted it to be good? That was me with Edenbrooke. We were dropping my brother off for his mission when my parents swung by a Deseret bookstore. Everyone was grabbing a book for the ride home. Yes, I come by my book obsession naturally. Because I’m a mooch I convinced my dad to buy his grown daughter a book too, and the one I picked was Edenbrooke. It had been heavily advertised across the entire Utah valley and I gave in to the marketing campaign. It wasn’t just it’s pretty cover that grabbed me, it was the fact that I had seven hours in a car with my nearest and dearest to survive. Without excellent entertainment that would be difficult to say the least. Well, Edenbrooke served it’s purpose. I was glued. We were barely more then halfway home when I finished it. My sister grabbed it and she too finished it by the time we pulled in to home. Within two days my mom had read it as well. Now my brother is almost ready to come home and I still remember how awesome that book was, even though at my family’s request I left it behind when I came back to the east coast.

So what made Edenbrooke so awesome that it captivated an entire van full of women? (The men remain uninterested, sadly!) It was just plain fun. A romantic novel set in historical England, it’s features a heroine really coming into her won. What made it was a fun and interesting story, a great romance, and dreamy setting. Plus you can’t get much better then hero. Really, he’s awesome. When I say I love historical romances, it’s Edenbrooke that’s in my head when I say that. So what are you waiting for? Go read it!

http://www.juliannedonaldson.com/venera_portfolio/edenbrooke/

No comments:

Post a Comment