Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Jennavier Recommends Dead City and Blue Moon by James Ponti




Do you love funny, kick butt heroines who happen to fight zombies? Have a got a book for you. Especially if you’re like me and can’t handle high amounts of gore in your zombie fiction. Ponti keeps it at a low level of gicky while keeping it highly entertaining. The world is complex and interesting while not slowing down the narrative. Plus they have AMAZING covers.

Some great things of note: the heroine has a sister who she doesn’t get along with but isn’t evil, her mother is tragically deceased but she had a good relationship with her dad, and the friendships she makes are fun and fulfilling.

It seems like every recommendation of mine has a but. As in, I normally don’t like this but... James Ponti’s series is no exception. Dead City and Blue Moon are, if not middle grade, awfully close. Normally I like my YA older so loving these two was a surprise.

There are some things that come with the very young ages of the characters that are unbelievable. Like the level of autonomy that the kids have is sometimes hard to believe. However Blue Moon clears up a few of these problems and otherwise the books are too much fun to get hung up on them.

Overall this series is so stinking cute and I want everyone everywhere to read it an love it like I do. Jennaver, out!

P.S. For more info on the books, including blurbs and excerpts, check out jamesponti.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm not usually a huge fan of zombies (too much ick) but the covers are pretty awesome, so I'll add this to my list and try it out :)

    ReplyDelete